Thursday, June 12, 2008

Beach Bunny



Today we went to the beach with our friends Anna and Luke. We had such a great time. Riley has become a true beach bunny. We grabbed some lunch and then were on the beach by 1:30. Anna and I both said we would just go until the kids couldn't go any longer. Well, 3.5 hours later we were trying to get them loaded up. They had the best time ever. Riley's favorite part I think was running in and out of the waves. She would count 1.2.3. - go! And off she was into the ocean. She also really likes just playing in the sand. I can't tell you how many times I buried her hands and feet. Needless to say she was asleep within 5 minutes of being in the car. I thought she might sleep the entire way home which is just a little over 2 hours, but an hour into the ride she was awake along with her friend, Luke. They did great in the car though.








Leon and I talked about how different Riley's childhood is going to be compared to ours. We tell Riley she doesn't realize how great she has it, as we were both in high school before we even saw the ocean. I would say that I wouldn't change my childhood for anything. It does make me a little sad when I think of the things that we both did as kids growing up that Riley will not be able to do or experience. I guess there is always pros and cons to every situation.

No comments: