Monday, July 7, 2008

Blowing Rock, NC



Happy 4th of July! We had talked and talked about what we were going to do for the 4th and had decided to stay home and go camping. Well, needless to say our plans changed. Riley and I picked Leon up for lunch on Thursday and we started talking that we really don't have that much time with summer school to escape and maybe we should take advantage of the opportunity. So, I came home and started doing some checking to see if we could even get a hotel in the mountains, which I thought would be almost impossible. We had decided that we would stay in a hotel the first 2 nights and then go camping on Saturday night.


We ended up in Blowing Rock, NC which is our favorite little town in the mountains. Riley had so much fun. Of course we made our stop at Sunny's Cafe which is this little hole in the wall on Main street for breakfast and then walked around downtown. It was so funny trying to explain "mountains" to Riley. I am not for sure that she was as impressed with their beauty as her mom and dad were. We had lunch in the old time store that had BBQ, which of course made Leon's day. For dessert Riley and I shared an ice cram sandwich. It reminded me of ice cream sandwiches that my grandma used to make us when we were little. I can remember going to her house after school and getting that special treat.

No comments: